Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hiking San Antonio Falls

Recently, Deron and I took a few hours to hike to San Antonio Falls and then to the edge of the lifts at Mt. Baldy. We were pleasantly pleased when we discovered a small glacier at the foot of the falls. It was in the 80's in Upland, and at the falls it was 20 degrees cooler. A few thousand feet of elevation really does make a difference.


Here is a picture of Deron taking a picture of the falls and glacier.Deron standing next to the glacier. It is much bigger up close and personal!Deron carved some steps to be able to climb up onto the glacier for some snow fun.After climbing to the top of the glacier we skied down on our feet, very cool!
It was a beautiful father son mini adventure!

2 comments:

LIFESPEAKER said...

I love the mountains in California. Besides my kids and grandkids that are out there I miss the mountains the most. The pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.